Waartaa 0.1 released!
| 0.1 irc release waartaa Source
It's a great pleasure to inform you that we have released Waartaa 0.1, finally. Again, a big thanks goes to the team of contributors for Waartaa to make this happen.
This release includes all the basic IRC functionalities, centralized logging, notifications, etc. implemented in release v0.1-rc1. We worked on a lot of optimizations and automated the deployment process for Waartaa to make using and maintaining Waartaa as simple as possible. You can get the source in the following way:
1 $ git clone https://github.com/waartaa/waartaa.git 2 $ cd waartaa 3 $ git checkout 0.1
- Backend optimizations
- OPLOG support
- Rate limit tasks using queues
- Async calls to database
- Improve MongoDB performance in limited RAM
- Reduce storage complexity for channel logs
- Client optimizations and improvements
- Smooth rendering of chat logs
- Use latency compensation to make improve user experience
- Optimize client side memory usage
- Upgrade to Meteor 0.8.1
- Easy server provisioning
- Easy app deployment
- Vagrant script for easy setup of dev sandbox
Currently, Waartaa runs as a monolithic app. In the future, we'd be dividing Waartaa into several components/layers so that it becomes possible to horizantally scale a Waartaa service.